Saturday, August 21, 2004

Dose of silliness

Begun writing on Tues, 17 Aug

Having been subject to undue stress and frustrations due to multiple unsuccessful tutorial allocation and lousy timetabling and some other unrelated matters, I have decided to give myself a break by typing a frivolous, giddily silly entry-- spelling errors and alien, never-seen-before words and grammetical errors intended. If this in any way shatters your image of Charm the sweet, demure, serious, good-little-girl then you are welcome to skip it totally =) You have been warned.

Saw a tiny yellow flower growing outta a crevice at the side of the concrete pavement outside my home. So preetttyyy! *awwwwwww* It never ceases to amaze me, the ability of these tiny little flowers, uncared for, unwatered, unnoticed, to suddenly sprout from the unlikeliest places. Oh I tell you what kinda flora I really do like-- you know the big, strikingly yellow-green bushes that they sometimes plant by the roadside? Those are one of them, as are those bushes with red-and-green leaves that grow really really tall and thick, and eventually form a kinda hedge. Oh and I like the flame-of-the-forest... is that what you call those trees that rain yellow flowers when the wind blows? And those tissue-paper-like pink-and-white flowering trees as well. They're very very pretty. Oooh and I like garden flowers, the wild tangles of the small yellow dandelions and the light blue flowered creeping plant. Ladidumdidoo.

I cannot understand my maths lecturer! Saaaad. He was going throught functions today and going on and on about kodomeh... which kinda disturbed me because I've never heard of it before... leaned over to look at our beloved former F.maths student Maria's notes to see what new mathematical term this is, and found that, horror of horrors, said kodomeh is actually spelt c-o-d-o-m-a-i-n. Aw shucks. So much for my brilliant understanding. And then of course there was 'eggs', as in "The eggs in this function does not really matter" Well, obviously the eggs wouldn't figure in this equa-- huh? The eggs turned out to be x, eventually, so all was good and fine. Ahh, the wonders of language. Many thanks to Maria the Interpreter. Two years of maths and physics lectures have definitely trained her up, eh? ;P

My Lit lecturer has a perpetual sheepish look. It always makes me wonder if he's really serious when he's dishing out information. And I felt terribly drowsy during Lit lect today. Bad girl Charm! Bad bad girl! But then again he was going thru history and politics and other such background info of the book, and there is a reason why I hadn't chosen to take history or political science after all. Oh well. Like he puts it, with regards to the character in the book "You can never truly escape your subconscious barriers until you confront them... they will eventually come back to haunt you...", or something like that--I was only about three-quarts awake then. Though of course I shouldn't be applying his words on my situation... totally outta point... heh, but what the heck.

Jeez. This is beyond being just nonsensical and frivolous. I really sound very stupid now.

And by the way, I'm very tired. Blearghs.

Moving on. Went on the once-sensational but now forgotten friendster recently and discovered some new friends. Oh, and to date I have 158 friends! Everybody clap! *half-hearted scattered applause* Very good. Now, I got a bit creeped out when I decided to read through my testimonials all at one go. Goodness, people! What kind of an image did you have in mind when you wrote them? No, I won't complain about the content because they are generally really sweet thoughtful and nice, but you know, after I'm done reading it I feel I'm already one step closer to attaining the Nirvanah, at the rate these fantastic friends of mine go. I sincerely hope that my character extends beyond being sweet and nice and --oh, goodness-- cute... (complete with the halo and wings and fluffly pink pastel clouds)--YES, that is the image I got in my head after a while, which kinda shook me because I am very sure that I'm very much human still, flaws and all...

Am I the only person complaining about nice, glowing, sweet testimonials?

Probably. Oops. =X And I'm probably the only person who wants to see "Charm arh? Chey... where got guai? And hardworking? Man, you must be kidding... slacking and stoning is her next favourite activity besides sleeping... okay lar, and singing. The one thing she's really good at, though, is procrasinating..." That would be a refreshing change.

*ponders* what else? Oh I'm not very fond of drastically dyed hair. Find that I'm still okay with dark browns and minimal highlights, but then I saw a girl with flaming red tresses spilling down her back in curly locks, pinned up at the sides with two orange clips...... and felt distinctly sick. It might have been to do with the fact that her clips' colour and her hair were not the best combination or that all that hair prompted an image of a golden lion tamarin, albeit rather curly... Oh, ew. Whatever. Then there were the black-blended-into-purple-blended-into-maroon-blended-into-blonde hair, or the very yellow highlights that scream LOOK AT MY HAY! halfway through lecturer when my eyes were attempting to fix themselves on the lecturer and failing miserably because of the wondrous sea of colours down below... If I ever go into teaching I shall be glad I don't have to lecture these... uh... creative, fashionable people. Not even if I'm smart enough to get a PhD, which hahaha is not what I see in my future anyway... though I must admit that those big round hats with attached tassles look rather fascinating... hmmm... at least they hide the hair, or the lack of it, you know, by the time you finally get your degree?


*shrugs* whatever. Am done with spontaneous nonsense for now, and have got nothing else to fuss about as yet, so I shall leave this entry be. Till next time...


No comments: