Cadence was cool... very very very cool ^_^ They were brilliant with the kids and oh so entertaining! Go A cappella! =)
In case you don't catch what I'm gushing about, Cadence's an a cappella group of four funky Canadian guys, who do really fantastic stuff with nothing but their voices. Okay, they've proven that four-part songs can sound just as full and as challenging as six-part pieces, although it probably worked out that way cos they're pretty amazing in condensing two parts into one... imagine doing both the bass line and the drums! And for Kiss the Girl they had violin, and the trumpet, and the percussion-bass, and the descant and the melody and the actions above all that... *impressed* Under the Boardwalk was hilarious too... the choreography! There were of course loads of songs that held me entralled but I happen only to remember this two cos we've sung them before, so... *sheepish grin* And amid all the crazy prancing about they do onstage, the blend pitching rhythm and tempo stays solid throughout. *beams* New a cappella idols! Gotta work harder now for the mini junior presentation on the 29th... I'm already hopping impatient for the next prac already...
Oh oh... another significant point to make, amid all this awwww so cool! fervour... After the performance the whole group of Reso people met up with them, and we had a little "exchange"-- if we sing them a song on the spot then they'll sing us a song of our choice too... so we did 我们的故事, in exchange for Feelin' groovy. Da said maybe the seniors could have done Go Down Moses... which is kinda true lar, that song's more "zai"... but we didn't do too badly anyhow... we sounded pretty soothing then, generally, perhaps cos there were so many of us we blended better... *shrugs* aw well. But do check out their sample songs... especially Feelin' groovy, at http://www.cadence-unplugged.com/
Oh yes... we did Uninvited for practice last Friday, and TIm was asking me to "sound clearer" for all my high notes (wait... I have only high notes in that song, so that's basically the whole thing... hmmm...) and I asked him how I oughta sound clearer without the risk of sounding too thin... He shrugged it off, initially, not knowing quite how to put it, but when the rest started the song again he picked up the score and started to sing the entire sop line, right down to the end, as nicely and as clearly as could be.
......
I think Davina and Cheryl (senior) were quite horrified.
And so was I, mainly because...
My sop part is starting to be invaded by the tenors! First JereMI for 故事, then TIm for Uninvited... And they can reach higher than me with half the effort! *wails* Horror of horrors! The ex-one-and-only-junior-sop is gonna be displaced by the guys! My stability is so threatened... *tragic sigh* I shall attempt to extend my range down to sing tenor so it'll be a mutual swap. Or pick up some tips from Davina and reach the B-above-the-high-B without blasting (yes, one octave higher than the high solo for Amazing Grace. Talk about amazing...)
Heehee... okay lar let's not be too melodramatic... this entry getting too high --no pun intended-- probably because of the incredible relief at having finished my essays (at last) and not having homework to hand in for the time being... am gonna chuck all proof-reading and scanning for grammatically-incorrect sentences and flow aside for now, so pardon all the incoherent bits... the tenor guys do actually sound pretty decent on the sop part... although that has contributed to them being addressed as Timotella and Jeremella... ahaha... but then I shall be a good girl and practice my Ds and Gs when no one's around to shut me up =)
K, early lecture tomorrow... look forward to a saner entry next time round, and an account on the delightful R&J concert I went with Sharon last sun...
Till the next time... leave lotsa notes! Doesn't matter if tagboard is down (again, argh) you can still leave a ripple =)
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Sing sing sing-ing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment