Thursday, March 03, 2005

Ditty

So I was bemoaning my terrible fate in the little half an hour alone before English tutorial, desperately wanting to sleep and not think about the amount of work I've got left to complete, attempting to actually start on my tutorial before I went for lesson (and found, to my horror, that I had been wasting my time on an improbable tutorial that was meant for next week, and that I didn't bring the right tutorial to class and had to spend 45 minutes looking at my tutor in absolute confusion) Didn't help that I wasn't able to catch what was going on.

But that's beside the point... as I was saying, I was at the benches outside LT12 then, getting the occassional spray of rainwater and staring at my pile of EL notes, feeling decidedly reluctant to dissect the mind-boggling analysis, and decided to write. It started with nonsensical prose at first, playing with lines and structure and words... But then the words began to come together in a quirky little combination... and lo and behold! We have a poem!

It's a silly little ditty scribbled in a half-conscious state, but well. I'm still oddly endeared to it ;)

Three forty-five outside LT12
Amid my notes I see my self
Mine eyes they struggle not to close
Like one on severe overdose
The brain so heavy that it sinks
In blurry consciousness tries to swim
The notes, the words, they all befuddle
My pore ol' mind is in a puzzle
I whittle and while my time away
O! What a long and dreary day
Let projects and essays long be over
That my mind doth not about about 'em hover
Alas! To tutorial I now must go
Why oh why must this be so?
--©Charm in her homework-induced stupor. All rights reserved. ^_^

How very melodramatic. Reminds me a little of some of the awfully dramatic Shakespearean prose, what with O!s and Alas!s... Nonetheless quite an amusing little activity... harks back to the days where Da and I will indulge in all sorts of crazy little MissT's life-story poetry =P But then most of our wonderful works are buried goodness-knows-where... shall try to dig them up some day and have a good laugh together =)

I miss the luxury of slacking. A lot. Goodness. But I shall spare you all a earful of more whining-- or a eyeful of more writing? and blog again when life gets more interesting. So, till then~

No comments: