Had a wonderful time on Sunday watching Romeo and Juliet with Sharon out at the Waterfront. The performers from TNT were fantastic... they can sing, act, dance, play instruments and do professional gym-like flips, and they deliver their lines with such passion! It's Romeo and Juliet to life again, and I suddenly realised how much I miss that play =)
The setting was delightful, as was the company =P Sharon and I were initially grumbling about why it was situated outdoors and not in some posh cushion-seated area like the Esplanade, but I think we totally changed our minds the moment we got there, got ourselves a nice grassy spot, unrolled the mat, and settled down nicely beneath the brilliant blue sky just metres away from the river, amid all the cheerful chatter of the surrounding people. The weather was warm and windy and cheery, and suddenly you realise that there's really nothing better than to watch a Shakespearean drama out here, rain or shine.
And because I could probably never impress upon you the beauty of the scene through words alone we shall see pics instead! Took a gazillion pics with fellow narcissistic friend ;) but am not gonna post all because we took so many of them so close up, I could count the number of stressed-induced pimples on my face >_< Heh... so here goes!
That's my favourite drama-companion and me at the Waterfront!
Just to show you how brilliantly blue the sky was... the roof of the indoor stadium looks like the tip of Mount Fuji from here... whoever says that Singapore's not scenic hasn't been to the Waterfront, tilting your head back-back-back and watching the clouds float past you, hanging just within reach... 
Yay! With Sharon again!
Looking nice and relaxed in the delightfully romantic setting... with clouds in the sky and grass at your feet and the wind in your hair... ^_^ 
Waterfront at night... Love the lighted buildings of our bustling city and their shimmering reflection in the river. There's a boardwalk there, by the way, so now you guys know another boardwalk where you can do... um... romantic stuff *winks* ^_^
Thursday, March 10, 2005
R & J at the Waterfront
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment