
Presenting... The United Solfeges of Resonance! Starring Do Wai Lun, Re-Charm, JereMi, Fa-Cherlyn, Fi-Sue Ann, So!-Derek, CheryLa, TImothy, and AmanDo! ^_^ Don't we lovely juniors bring such colour into your lives?
Am getting very fond of the little doremi gang. It's heartening to find a clique amidst the random people and scattered classmates that you meet in Uni that you're actually comfy enough with--doubly crazy, triply corny... and all in a single batch within Reso. But then again the entire group's made up of loads of nice people... Yeah, Go Resonance! =) Is this a common trait in people who love to sing, or is there some sorta scientific pattern that runs thru the fellow singing-pals that I've got to know over the years, or is it some sociological thing-- "culturally and socially constructed", so that the concentration of nice-ness ends up amid the singers? Can't say the same about the level of corniness though, cos I believe we can easily pick out one person who beats us all hands down =P and boy is it infectious! We seem to have all discovered our potential in lameness... yes, even within the most unexpected people. It was all a very enjoyable marathon, though... tiring, dead-tiring, yes, what with exhaustion leading to sore throat and no-voice and cough and flu and awful drowse-inducing medicine... but still irresistably enjoyable. =)
Mini-presentation had been eh... pitchy and not musically settled, because of nerves, and minor cork-ups here and there, and certain... distractions... eheheheh... but all thanks to our lovely script-writers and the spontaneity invested in carrying through our corny lines and actions and an appreciative audience (half of which were made up of a very responsive bunch of seniors, who caught on to certain inside jokes rapidly, judging by their reactions =P), everything else went pretty smoothly, amounting to much laughter and enjoyment. It felt so good I was high for the entire night ^_^ I love sing-sing-sing-ing! And Fire remixed was cool! A refreshing change for once, complete with choreo and all to spice it up a little... I'm so glad the audience loved it~ We actually managed to pull it off without laughing ourselves silly, like we did for almost every prac. Applauses to Da for your quirky inputs everywhere throughout the song!
Eh, seems a bit anti-climax to send thank you messages to the yahoo groups already, but I can't be grateful enough for such a mad bunch of friends and supportive seniors. I guess in many ways the spirit of a group accounts for why you'll choose to sing and sing and sing and go for loads of late night pracs and not think about complaining... it's an inexplicable exhilaration, particularly poignant after each performance..... Like when you feel like going round to hug everyone on sheer impulse ^_^
Okay okay enough with the gushing... Write anymore and the entry would be full of sentimental sniffling, and that wouldn't do because this is a mini performance after all, there's still so much more to work on and a long long way to go! Competition in July and concert in Semptember, I think... everyone come for the concert k, and hopefully by then us newest members will be... well, musically more secure, so we can deliver songs with say, on top of everything else.
Till next time!
(*sniffles* I still haven't got my full singing voice back... S'not faaaair....)
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment