Um, I haven't updated for a couple of days, though I have little random things running in my head that I really would like to type. It's ironic, you have the inclination to blog when you're really busy, but have no time to do it... and when you're not busy and have all the time in the world, there's nothing to blog about.
Anyway, a brief update. Have regained a considerable bit of my voice back. Lotsa thanks to all my lovable friends for asking, and apologies for causing panic amidst the do-re-mis... Erm... whether or not I can do Uninvited remains to be seen tomorrow, but then again I'm determined to do it decently no matter what. Freaked myself out on Friday when I woke up discovering that I could only speak in a hoarse rasp, and that I could hit notes lower than Amanda could with warm-downs ;) Would've been funny, actually, to offer to swap parts with the sop-wannabes tenors, if not for the mini presentation looming within the next coupla days.
Saw the doc on Saturday and asked if she could offer any medicine that can speed up voice recovery over the weekend. I think she was quite horrified that I still wanted to sing and demanded that I rest for at least two days. Which I did lar, amid the torture of having to sit thru my parents' happily uninterrupted nagging and poking fun at me because I couldn't croak fluently enough to retort. When I asked if they were doing it on purpose they just laughed at me. HMPH.
Speaking voice is back, the rest remains to be seen tmr. Sigh... Sorely disappointed at missing the opportunity of meeting up with the SC girls on Fri, but couldn't help but feel secretly relieved that Mum put her foot down at me going out because I was really quite tired from daily late night pracs since Monday. Well, marathon starts again tmr, and what can I say? Incorrigible me actually look forward to singing again with the do-re-mis =)
Late. Better go skim thru the readings and sleep early. Tmr's a long day. Meanwhile everyone take care k?
Sunday, March 27, 2005
Quick update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment