Back again! I guess I shall make this a short one too, but well. We'll see =)
Have yet to talk about Clara's hall production last Saturday, but hadn't wanted to chuck it in as a rushed entry because I wanted to gush over her performance. =P Hee... We're all very impressed by you, Cla, you know? Patching Hearts had a pretty decent plot and undoubtedly a talented committee behind it, what with the sets and the music and the songs and the acting... with publications publicity and stuff... It must have taken months and months of prac for an hour-long production to run so fluently, on top of school work and what-have-you... you guys are amazing. But hmm... there're still several moments when the show starts to drag and periods where the performers are not quite so into character yet... can sense a sort of awkwardness about them that kinda dissipates the mood... and because of the sombre nature of the plot and all the reflective treasure-your-life stuff the show did risk getting pretty dull at moments. But... BUT!! We've got the vibrant, crazy, whiny, bossy CE-CI-LIAAA to spice up the show with her spine-chilling calls of Daaaaa-reeeen~! Hahahaha... ever dearest Cla in her moments of the utterly pissed off, attention seeking, melodramatic Ce-ci-liaa really had me laughing till I teared, especially towards the end... I loved the spontaneity and the natural-ness she had in her role (but now to come to think about it, what does this imply about you, hm, Cla? ;P) Woah... I wish I could act like that *wistful* Hee... give me a few tips on how to pull that off for my theatre studies class leh~ And yes, consider trying out for mediacorp auditions, or something =) Oh, and the self-composed and performed songs were good, as were the voices of the actors and actresses... And I was ecstatic meeting the bunch of SC girls again, even though the time together was a little too brief =| Meet again after exams, okay?
Shall post-concert pics!
Ce-ci-lia and Daaa-reeen
With my new ou xiang ;P
Charm Malia and Gek
SC girls say cheese!
Yeeps, okay, now that I'm all into the blogging mood again, let's move on to the next topic, something which really sparked total annoyance just yesterday. There are maybe less than a handful of people I absolutely cannot stand, and the kind that fits most easily into this category are bleedin arrogant, pompous guys whose intelligence (if any) is used in big showy words that attempt to cut people down so that they can flex their glowing superiority. Bleeding assholes, I tell you. There was such a guy in my tutorial class yesterday, located, it so happens, at the seat right behind me. But let's start with a bit of background info first. For our tutorials the class breaks into groups of three to four and, for each tutorial, one group will act as the discussion leaders to summarise the topic, bring up some interesting points and to facilitate discussion within the class--sorta like taking on the role of the tutor for the day. Friday's group did a pretty decent presentation and gave a number of examples at which the whole class was to participate in sharing their opinion, and while the presenting group went round the class to get a response from each person, Mr Smart Guy and company sat whispering right at the back role (undoubtedly swapping intellectual ideas, of course). When it came to their turn they had nothing positive to say about the screened ads beyond "it's boring" "I don't see the point" and "it doesn't serve a purpose", which was still... okay, if you assume that they don't identify with the content, but what really pissed me off was when the group started a debate question, to which Mr Smart Guy suddenly cut in with "I don't mean to jump the gun, but what you guys are trying to make us do is to (insert assumed content), which will only show how diverse everyone's experiences are. I just don't see the point in this entire discussion." WTH? I daresay the group handled it well, patiently explaining that he might have misunderstood the purpose of the discussion, but no, he didn't back off even when our tutor put in a word, going on and on in that pompous I-know-where-this-is-gonna-lead-and-it's-just-a-waste-of-my-precious-time argument. It didn't help that his face, with his turned-up nose and high-and-mighty expression, practically shouts Do the world a favour, slap me. *rolls eyes* And you think people with a flair for language and literature can afford to phrase their discontentment diplomatically. Or at least make the effort to sound less qian bian. But no, all he wants to do is to make others look less intelligent than he does. Huh.
Anyhow our group's gonna facilitate tutorial in this coming couple of weeks. Maybe we can structure a reality-show kind of discussion, Survivor style, so we can all opt him out of class within the first three seconds of him opening his mouth to discredit yet another person's point of view. Bwahahahaha! Yah I wish. So bad, hor. I'm so sorry, people like that just get on my nerves. Like another guy I knew in NY who used to make announcements for his club, laced with bits of sarcasm and snide remarks that hint at a less-than-intelligent audience. Argh! But then again A3A had a good laugh over it that period when Andrew shaved his head and screwed up his face in the most horrific manner and started to imitate the pompous way the said guy spoke... they looked uncannily alike, and even Miss Tan and Miss Chew had to stifle their laughs while trying to tell him not to be so mean =P So I guess I'm just thankful that they're still lotsa nice people around to make up for one person with a superiority complex =) They do help a lot in bonding, in an indirect kinda way, so we shouldn't complain too much right? =P
Kk gotta rush for the Cadence concert. More news another time! And keep blogging!
Saturday, March 05, 2005
Of Cla's concert and annoying tutorial mates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment