Sunday, September 26, 2004

updates

I'm gonna change my blog layout soon soon soon. It's in the works already. In fact it's completed, saved up and kept for use for early/mid Oct... at least until 49 days are over. It's the least I can do I guess. Why that sudden impulse to change... well. People behave in weird ways when they get stressed. When it comes to me I would compulsively ignore what I have to do for a couple of hours, maybe more, and throw myself into a totally unrelated task. Which is not good actually, because it implies that 1. you are a procrasinator and 2. you're in severe denial, or something along those lines. Funny how I can be aware of that and still do so, but I don't care. I have finished mucking around with my English project (at least for now) and am halfway through my extremely tedious Lit so I WILL give myself a break. Even though I haven't studied for any of the upcoming tests. Oh, crap.

Now, enough of complaining. Few observations... 1) A cappella camp was fun. Busy and terribly time consuming, yes, but I gotta make friends, and we learnt a couple more songs, amongst several other rather technical stuff (ooo sound mixing!), so I guess it's quite all right.

2) Yi tian tu long ji is a very nice show. I haven't watched tv for a long time... well okay, besides random episodes of channel 8 after-dinner shows... but yi tian tu long ji is worth watching =) It only plays on weekends anyway, so let me indulge a little.

3) Speaking of which, I unlocked my disney/nickledeon/cartoon network channels yesterday and watched a considerable amount of cartoon shows. I think it's a bit scary how cartoons are able to capture my attention span for a much much much longer time as compared to... ah... normal shows, however you address them. And I find reality TV boring, believe it or not. They talk too much and do too little ^_^ Don't tell me I need to grow up, because I realised that growing up into an adult doesn't make you any more mature or more intellectual or happier or more... morally upright, if that's the way to describe it. It's like what they warn you of in children's books, how people often forget the child they used to be, and stop questioning, stop wondering, or simply just stopping... to breathe, to feel, to be.

I digress. Anyhow. The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 was on Disney channel yesterday so I faithfully sat through the whole of it =) Weehee. Brings back a fair bit of fond memories of our Hunchback medley way back during Synergy. And I realised I still do miss singing choir-style. A capella is fun, doubtlessly, and I do believe it will get more and more interesting still, when events come up and when bonds are established, but I do still miss singing with my batch of choir people and with Amadeus, that, and the after-choir activites--lunches or dinners, talking our way home, laugh-laugh-laughing like the siao char bohs that we are deep down inside(!!!) ;P weaving memories and sealing friendships with every new conversation. I always felt that singing has that awfully unique ability to bond people, with every blend and every clash... every phrase and every note is an experience shared, and I delight in that =) Doesn't mean I treasure what I have with me now less, it's just that absence makes the heart grow fonder, as always.

*Sigh* Okay, time to sign off. Too much talk. And I'm sorely tempted to pon lect tomorrow to study at home. I should, right? *evil grin*

That's that for now. Till the next time, peeps.

No comments: