Thursday, February 08, 2007

I haven't been blogging!

There was a half done entry written a couple of days ago that still requires vetting, I think. I can't imagine whether it's a good or bad habit, censoring the stuff that I blog, because what makes it through are usually nonsense chatter and random contemplation, while more salient things are left out just so that I might not stir up waters to drown myself in, so to speak.

Anyhow, curfews or no, I have concluded to some degree that I like going for Tuesday pracs. It's exhausting to make long righteous statements about why I am turning up, but on the purely personal side I like the feeling of being there, period. (plus I have a very nice going-home companion, too =D)

Am assistant copy-editor for the class =) And one of my chief copy editors turned out to be a super long-lost SN ICQ friend (can you imagine how long ago was that?) It didn't occur to me who she was when I spoke to her, until she went "Oh you're that Charmaine! I was wondering whether you're the correct person or not, then when you said you're Charmaine then I knew you were the correct one!" -or something along those lines. Mystifying statement, no doubt, but the moment she said that everything just clicked somehow. Uncanny coincidence, meeting in person after some 6 years of losing touch. Still remember vaguely the conversations we had last time-- the absolute crappiest ones ever, haha...

Doesn't it make you wonder sometimes, all these little broken links in your past, friends you've known through absolutely random circumstances, who eventually pass you by when "circumstances" no longer exist? Those random people you spoke to on IRC, those contacts you kept in ICQ, that girl you met in some workshop, the person you made friends with in combined choir, the random person who visits your diary and becomes a regular note leaver until your account got archived... Do you ever wonder what happens to them? Of course, what-would-have-been would be too tiresome a question to tackle, yet... it's always a pleasant surprise to stumble upon the same person again ages later, retrieving that bit of your past, a distant memory that comes alive again and weaves a little pattern of nostalgia...

(Oh, and here we go again...) I miss St Nicks. And the impossibly long nights I spent chatting away to lots of nice people (bad internet stalker/cheater/liar stories aside, you really do find normal decent people who can sustain super long entertaining and meaningful conversations, you know). It's a different way to get to know people, I guess, and it's amazing how much you learn from each person you get to know.

1 a.m. now. *groans* I hate it when time skips on like that, especially when I'm writing... Thursday and Friday seem abysmally cramped with stuff, and I've got readings to cover, a test to study for, IVLE postings, and another interview profile to plan (have I mentioned how I do not like making small talk with people I don't know well?) ... HowOwOw.

All righto. Gonna scram. Till the next time, peeps, and for goodness sake update your blogs, I'm running out of inspiration on stuff to blog about because there isn't stuff to trigger a response, and then you'll have to put up with my whining over schoolwork. It's a vicious cycle, and is psychologically unhealthy, lor, so... *nudge nudge* write!

No comments: