(written Feb 17)
I love St Nicks *blissful sigh*
Went back to SN with Charlene today, and how good it is to see the school looking the same, attending the Chinese New Year mass (and hearing, amongst the special people they prayed for, a prayer to bless the old girls-- they haven't forgotten us at all *touched*), hearing the hymn bells (Charlene and I caught our breath the moment the bell struck and went ooooooh simultaneously, haha), seeing the teachers again... 校长 was there too, as an invited guest, and oh! her long speeches! Retired or not St Nicks girls will always be her 宝贝 :)
How is it that one can step into a school six years after graduation and feel, suddenly, so very loved still? St Nicks hasn't lost its magic at all. That touch of warmth that had, in my JC days, got me squealing "YAY! I'm going back to St Nicks!" in a spontaneous outburst of delighted anticipation in the middle of the NY parade square (much to Shell's horror then, haha).
The highlight of the day has got to be seeing Mrs Sherwood and Mrs Yeo :) It brings back a rush of warmth, recalling Mrs Sherwood's expression of genuine recognition and pleasant surprise when she saw us (awww...), and reminiscing about fast-paced maths lessons with Mrs Yeo, whom we ran into in the toilet, of all places-- ("Mrs Yeo! You're going too fast! We cannot breathe already!" "Breathe later! Fater copy this down first!") And then there's marriage counselling with Mrs Sherwood, too ("Boyfriends? No? How can this be? You're St Nicks girls, you know. This is very worrying...")
*laughs* And it helps that it's Charlene I went with, because she was so entirely in her element and was keeping such a vibrant conversation going with everyone that it's hard not to get involved in excited chatter :)
Pictures!
The road up to St Nicks...
Our canteen... pretty much the same, with a more vibrant touch of colour, and new signboards identifying all our stall vendors by name--"Uncle Morbeen's drinks stall", etc... which I found kinda endearing :)
I miss assembly! Oh the lucky girls... The lions and 大头娃娃 weren't from some invited troupe, by the way... they're are teachers from the secondary section. As always, the personal touch :)
Assembly over! Char and I wander round the school...
Looks like home, feels like home.
The library! I was a proud contributor to the class reading record okay... Although I can't imagine, now, how I was free enough to finish up a few series of fantasy books
Corridor down to the classrooms
With Mrs Sherwood
Love St Nicks :)
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Back to SN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment