Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Okay, have decided not to cover the meeting story tonight after all, but wait to see if there are more interesting speech/meeting stories to cover in the coming weeks... Stories that are hopefully a lot more class-newsletter friendly =) I cannot imagine another CAC-type AGM like the last two I've gone for, haha... there'll be like zero issues to write about (save for the super nice puffs and cakes provided post-meeting :P)

I cannot explain the sheer RELIEF I felt after calling up to apologise for not being able to attend the meeting tonight... Suddenly the rest of the day seem gloriously free without the projected 3 hours of travel and 3 hours of meeting and 2 hours of preparation-- thinking up stuff to ask people, reading up on the society's background...

Oh, Charm. You're such a horrible girl, lar. How to go into journalism when the idea of mingling with strangers and getting them to talk fills you with dread? Even my mum was quick enough to pick up on my reluctance-- she pointed out, quite astutely, that I wouldn't be whining about going to school if it's only practice.

Sigh.

Okok, rant over (ah, cartharsis), must run... yesterday's migraine had just about killed off all of last night's homework time, but at least all things seem bright and beautiful now after 11 hours of rest :) Till the next entry~

No comments: