Monday, January 22, 2007

Post new year resolutions

I think perhaps some post-new-year resolutions are in order, because they happened to strike me in the shower =)

I haven't caught up with my SC girls for the longest time, save for dear Maria Eme and Dyn, during those precious short lunch breaks, and I'm thinking I haven't been so good with keeping in touch people who matter, in this super eventful past year (and eventfulness is not an excuse.) There are people I miss a tremendous lot-- I opened a powerpoint presentation a couple of days ago, a little project my friends and I had made for another friend, amid so much craziness and laughter, and oh.

Promises. I ought to have been a better friend than whatever I had been.

So a huger fraction of 2007 must be left for these people. Resolution 1-- more time with people who matter. And that includes the family as well :)


Two. I gotta continue to fine-tune my writing, and be as comfortable as I can get with words. And to write well I gotta read widely. Which brings me to the next resolution--

Three. I must be a lot more hardworking about reading the newspaper. Must. must. must. must. Even if you feel like dying because certain news is boring, Charm, you still must read, hor! Applies to keeping on the ball with all forms of readings, too... from every opening page of a novel till its conclusion, for every lilt and beat of a poem, for the nuances in a play dialogue, and for every issue in a reading.

It matters that I write well enough to convey my ideas, because I am hardly comfortable with speaking with people I am unfamiliar with. Or with speaking in general, anyhow. There are precious few people I can chatter continuously non-stop with, so if you're one of them you better feel honoured =)

There was the question of not saying what is on my mind that came up couple of entries ago, sparked off by a random horoscope entry, and after turning it over in my head a little I am suddenly glad that I do not shoot off my mouth too much, in general. I have no problems with telling the truth and sharing my honest perspective on certain matters, but there are necessary information that can be shared, and then there are unnecessary opinions that are better left unsaid, save for the people I trust to listen and correct me where I'm wrong =) Have issues with reckless expression, with words of any kind, spoken or written, carelessly tossed out without first considering the feelings of other people or the truth of the matter, so *shakes head* I must be careful not to do the same, hence a reminder here now. Resolution four. =)

More next time, when things occur to me as and when~

No comments: