Sunday, June 13, 2004

Introductory Lecture =)

Heya peeps! Okay, so I finally resolved to get a blog of my own. Having been so comfortable with my five-year-old online diary it really seemed pretty odd to switch to blogger, but... hmm... I figured that it's only fair that I open these little so-what-have-you-been-up-to-now entries to you all, instead of having to restrict it to these one small privileged group of friends and fellow diarists. The Other Diary (or TOD as it shall henceforth be addressed) will live on though, no worries about that, it's just that I find it's getting kinda darker, like the increasingly thick volumes of our beloved Harry Potter series (sigh... the pains of growing up), and hence not so very suitable to propogate to a larger... um... target audience, thus the existence of this blog.

This is sounding disturbingly like a book review or a lit analysis, but *shrugs* I like to explain myself over and over in my diary, a lot more so than in person =) And this is the introductory entry after all, right? Anyway, just so that you would know what to expect... This blog is gonna be much more different in nature, I think... I might copy and paste a few entries from TOD, the more memorable ones especially, mostly choir related, but I want to keep the content in here lighter, freer, probably less of read-between-the-lines kinda thing, and maybe much shorter per entry, if I can ever achieve that =P That way I won't feel obliged to write so much, cos when I do the entry goes on and on forever and barely ever stops until I talk it out. Dangerous, especially since your blog is so darn easy to locate by whoever who wants to try -_- And then of course it's probably good for relieving boredom... I foresee a reasonable amount of crap to put in here just for the fun of it... =)

Hm. I'm bored already. This is not good. I think this is the first Sunday that I haven't had choir prac for quite a number of weeks, so it feels quite odd... It's seriously unhealthy to stay home when the weather is so hot. And like the guai girl that I'm supposed to be I've put my choir midis on repeat mode for the whole of last night and this morning for some subconscious revision, until my brother demanded that I switch it off because it's getting irritating. Oddly ironic, coming from a person who nags at me like a tape recorder on repeat mode everytime he wants to play on my computer -_- Anyway after hearing him this afternoon unconsciously clicking away to a rhythm that sounded distinctly like El Dia Es Hoy's bass tune I think he might have a point there. *sheepish grin*

Hey who wants to go back one of these days to collect your A level Cert? Quick, raise your hands! I want to find someone to go with me... maybe we can run into Mr Nandwani or Miss Chew or Mrs Teo. And with any luck we might run into the choir.. then we can ask how their elections are going on =) Wahaha so kaypoh concerned. Anyhow if we're intending to work with the junior's juniors we need to have a rough idea of what they're like, right? Somehow the 87's batch always give me the feeling of being quite the ambitious lot. Pretty capable as well. *shrugs* Secondary school impression... things might be different between NY and SN... *pause* no wait, correction. Everything that can be different is different. SN's admin and assemblys never gave such traumatic nightmares. And the school building itself has always given me a good feeling. Seriously. I feel like hugging the nearest pillar and saying "Yay! I'm home!" and go on rounds about the canteen and family loungue and field and new extension block everytime I visit. Which reminds me... I miss SN a lot... Hey... who wants to go back to SN to visit this July? Raise your hands, quick!

Did I say I wanted to keep the entries in here short? Argh... You see what I mean by carrying on for the next forever when I start typing? Hm. K lar till the next time... It's back to work again tmr! Hopefully they won't ask me to go through the silverfish-infested files again *shudders* Still squeamish from the last encounter with those two silverfishes... They certainly woke me up properly after a long dreary filing day =X

Kk... one last word... for those who haven't gotten an online diary yet go get one~ It's therapeutic.. I'm feeling decidedly less bored now, having spent --ouch! almost 1 hour-- typing this... And never mind if you don't update, I always only update once in a long while =P Hey... it's the content that counts, okay? See you around again... And leave notes!