"I only asked for a little happiness," Ivy began again. "You have to go out and take it in the world. Happiness won't come to you. I thought I'd found it this time, but he's being so secretive, Polly."
Polly found herself attending properly to this. And it was such nonsense. It always had been. "Oh, honestly, Mum! You and your search for happiness!" she said. She tried to say it in a light and kindly way, but it took such an effort that her hands shook round her teacup. "Happiness isn't a thing. You can't go out and get it like a cup of tea. It's the way you feel about things."
Fire and Hemlock, Diana Wynne Jones
And if you'd thought happiness is simply a thing that you either do own or didn't, think again. It is always ever within your reach, if you would only choose to believe, and feel.

No comments:
Post a Comment