Sunday, May 20, 2007

Every you

What do you spend so much time on the computer for??

Catching up, I guess. On MSN, on the many many blogs I drop by randomly. Even if I don't always say hello to you online. Even if we don't meet very much in person. Even if, perhaps, I don't even say two words to you in an entire week or month. You are still a friend that I do treasure, that my life would have been oddly empty without, in one way or another. *nods* Every one of you, in every little way. Every presence and absence. Every word and silence.

Strange how technology parts us, and pulls us together, and parts us, and pulls us together... "Us" for you and me, "you" for every friend whose eyes lay upon this little reflection.

How singular, the word "you", and yet how so very universal. As with "I", who is unique to every one, every "you" figures in a deeply special way to me.

I guess I am just really, really thankful and oh, so very blessed, for such friends and family that I have. And beyond the nonsense everyday trivialities this is perhaps what matters most. You and you and you, all. =)

No comments: