It's again this crazy desire to write. I've found that I could write after all, on and on, after the email Shell sent me miles across the other side of the world. I found myself replying, with such ease and delight, typing on and on, one anecdote after another, one update after another, hitting -- I checked, just for amusement -- over 2000 words in my two-parter email yesterday. Must've missed the girl more than I thought =)
And is that not what writing is all about than, that over-used advice thrown ever so often at us during media writing classes that we eventually take it for granted? "Write like you're talking to your best friend." And so I found I could write again, with such fluidity, after two emails of abysmal length, and I am ever, ever so relieved... Thank you, my dear friend =)
I'm wondering about the comment my friend made about blogs and personal spaces. Makes me think of how we blog... is it not, all so often, about ourselves, forourselves? There is a stark difference, I guess, between a kinda selfless blogging for other people, and a narcissistic blogging of your self.
It's something that one of the Readers' Digest articles was discussing, I think... something about how the internet has changed the way people see themselves, and has brought about a culture of narcissistic youths who believe every aspect of their lives and their opinions are worth being broadcasted to the general public.
Is it very self-absorbed then to keep talking about yourself? Which is incidentally what the bulk of my blog is all about, now to come to think of it. Crap. I would readily admit to narcissism, I guess, but now I see what a very self-absorbed creature I must be, more often then not, always this desire for more writing space space space for my self. Goodness.
Time to rethink blogging content, methinks?
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Blogging spaces
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment