Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pack away!

Spent a whole day packing the family hall, old large storage containers and part of my shelf.

Look what I found!



Looks familiar, anyone? Let's take a closer peek!



Lower primary textbooks! When was the last time you saw your PETS coursebook, or your hao gong ming text? Rare antiques, okay... You don't even have them in the market anymore, with the syllables (oops! my mistake... and ding ding ding! Derek spotted it!) syllabus and textbooks changes...





Gosh, I miss the illustrators...



Feeling nostalgic, anyone?


That said, we cleared out some 6 garbage bags of stuff today, and one big box of toys and stuff to be recycled. It's a bit hard for me to clear out stuff sometimes, especially if I am in a sentimental mood, and feel that I oughta keep every other thing because it tingles with fond memories of the past. I've gotten better over the years, lar, and don't hesitate at every scrap of paper or flower or ornament or worksheet (but the old yellow parchment-ish worksheets with careful little handwriting is so sweet...!) so I do actually get a little more room =) Still have a weakness with written stuff, though. Found myself salvaging notes and postcards and letters and essays and even scribbled ramblings during lectures (I never knew I wrote so much...!)

Something that kinda struck me, though... Can I request to please please not have stuff-toy or ornament presents? Unless of course it comes with a decently sized glass cabinet to be placed in, so I wouldn't have to worry about collecting dust on the shelves (swepted one level of my shelf today and there was enough dust to roll into a grey ball *shudder*). But Charmaine doesn't have a glass cabinet and is definitely not asking for one, so let not another poor stuff toy or ornament suffer the fate of a dusty dwelling =)

Oh and I sorted six small albums of JC photos into one big one. More space! Yay!

The temporal neatness will last until my next deadline, when notes will be spewed all over with a vengeance, and my parents will start to enquire, with some exasperation, why I work in a rubbish dump. Ah, well -_-

Spent a day away on packing, but oddly enough it felt decently weekend-ish, and that I was actually getting stuff done, with satisfyingly visible results. Must get back to the homework, though. Aiyeee.

No comments: