I realised, with some horror, that we didn't take a group photo at the OOPs-sizzlers-dinner-celebration-for-Wai-Lun's-birthday.
... Wei, how can forget?
I think we were all too caught up with watching Derek eat vegetables to remember anything else.
The above-mentioned party very bravely dared Cheryl to get him a plate of salad of her choice, and promised to finish it all, in a valiant attempt to silence the rude remarks the OOPs gang regularly makes with regards to his picky eating.
I think Derek was probably expecting something small and friendly, like this:
Now, this is probably what Charmaine would have taken.
But then of course, because he dared Cheryl the Salad Queen, the unchallenged veggie-lover who had calmly demolished several servings of salads of every variety in one sitting, such leniency is not to be expected.
Of course, we must not discount the contributions of two extremely gleeful male advisors, (who shall not be named since we all know who they are anyway) "Wah lao, take more take more! Eh! Add onions leh! Oh oh, put some more celery!"
(I mean it when I say gleeful. They were almost bouncing to the salad bar to watch Cheryl pick out the ingredients, can.)
Er-hmm.
So our protagonist was presented with a forest of dense vegetation to demolish.
Our valiant protagonist fought long and hard, overcoming vegetable after vegetable to emerge triumphant to the applause of 5 impressed OOPsians. So the next time you meet Derek along the arts fac corridor, be sure to congratulate him in completing his mission =D
That aside, I suspect that Mr Chong enjoyed himself tremendously throughout his good friend's traumatising experience. His only regret, the author believes, was that he did not add more onions to the dish.
And of course, there is the matter of the strawberry lip gloss, but that is another story for another day, and I'm withholding pictures for er... well, if there is need for blackmail in future. Just remember to wish Wai Lun a happy belated birthday when you next see him along the corridors too =)
Monday, October 16, 2006
OOPsian entry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment