Found on my old stickerbook:
I hope somehow there'll always be
A little of that child in me:
That soft sweet innocence of eye
As clear as ocean, blue as sky...
That eager reaching out of hands
To all I meet who would be friends,
And that I'll be sincere and trust
With childlike faith that all are just.
My life from worry will be free:
To happines I'll hold the key;
And every day from morn till night
Be filled with wonder and delight.
And though the years may come and go,
My heart will never older grow......
It's okay to be weary and jaded with the world sometimes, but I guess we could all afford to awaken that blissfully idealistic kid in us once in a while. Happy Children's Day, people :)
We're children, needing other children,
And yet letting a grown-up pride,
Hide all the need inside,
Acting more like children than children.
--People by Barbara Streisand, later arranged into this lovely lovely piece by A cappella ExpreSSS
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Happy Children's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment