Monday, January 31, 2005

So what do you believe in?

Er... yah, so I was curious. Religion always kinda fascinates me, and I do hold a lotta respect for all these sacred beliefs, even though there are things I believe in and things I don't. And I guess we shall leave it that way because I don't see the point in vehemently arguing which is better, and more valid, and more likely to... um... promise you a space in heaven, or something like that. It disturbs me when they say that non-believers will all go to hell... I mean, what happens to your loved ones then? Those kind, nice, good people you meet in your everyday life?

Okay, let's not start a fierce debate here... I'm not condemning any religion or putting anyone down, mind. Reverting to the topic at hand... I was curious as to whether there was actually a religion that came anywhere close to my mixture of values and beliefs adopted from differing religions, and literature ("Religion is the opiate of the masses"?), and science... so... *shrugs* here goes:



Your Results:


The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinks most closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa.

Belief-O-Matic then lists another 26 faiths in order of how much they have in common with your professed beliefs. The higher a faith appears on this list, the more closely it aligns with your thinking.

Rankings:
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (94%)
3. Liberal Quakers (88%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (88%)
5. Reform Judaism (75%)
6. Jainism (73%)
7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (71%)
8. Hinduism (71%)
9. New Age (69%)
10. Sikhism (68%)
11. Theravada Buddhism (65%)
12. Secular Humanism (57%)
13. Taoism (56%)
14. Bahá'í Faith (54%)
15. Orthodox Quaker (48%)
16. New Thought (46%)
17. Orthodox Judaism (44%)
18. Scientology (40%)
19. Islam (38%)
20. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (35%)
21. Nontheist (33%)
22. Seventh Day Adventist (29%)
23. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (29%)
24. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (26%)
25. Jehovah's Witness (22%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (21%)
27. Roman Catholic (21%)

Hmm. Interesting. You can try it out at
http://beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html if you like... meanwhile I shall check out the explanatory links in a moment...

No comments: