Monday, December 06, 2004

No, this is not an update. ^_^

Several anecdotes to unravel but not now. Hols are busier than my school days, and I blog less post-exams as compared to during exams. What an irony.

*sigh of resignation* Okay. VERY brief update. Updated my blog style as you can see. Not much, because tweaking html even a little requires a lot of observation and tedious trial-and-error. Not exactly my idea of holiday fun, but if I had my way you'd have falling snowflakes, bunnies racing across snowy hills, a big glittery christmas tree at bottom left and presents randomly scattered at bottom right. Oh, and a candy cane for your cursor. And a selection of favourite Christmas carols.

I wish ;)

Am singing a lot a lot! It's Res prac and Cons prac, Cons prac and Res prac... plus extra practices for carolling competition this coming Saturday. Last Friday was quite a killer, was dead tired after a marathon Consonance-Competition-Resonance pracs, one after another, stretching from early afternoon till night. Towards the end of the day, after being recycled for the nth time as the only junior sop, I was barely able to sing decently. Good news is, that probably saved me a lot of memory work... Won't be forgetting those carols in a hurry =P

Anyhow by Saturday I recovered enough to spend a full day at Camp A Capella, this workshop conducted by the Swingle Singers. They are one fantastic bunch of singers, and we get to see them perform close-up, and work with them, too! Goodness, I should have gotten the SC girls along, especially Dyn =) Shan't risk launching into a full descriptive narration of the whole process, or even to gush about their delightful singing, cos I promised this update will be brief... Though a couple of things to mention: It's good to go for the workshop with Da again, I think the last time we really sang together was back in SN, which is... really long ago. That junior Michelle was there at the workshop, too, seems to emphasise it all the more, this warmth of nostalgia. And the bits and pieces of our story, written so long ago, too... But that's another story =) And the next thing... I'm really grateful Deq let me off the sound check that was supposed to to be right smack in the middle of the day, in between sessions, so that I needn't have to rush up and down and miss the essential bits, and so that I felt less regret in missing any one thing for another.

More another time I think. This is a rather weird, slipshod update, but at 2am in the morning with more singing to do this coming afternoon, and my body aching from just now's swim, it might be a lot smarter to leave this as it is and continue another time. So till then, take care, peeps, and have a merry jolly holiday~

No comments: