Sunday, December 26, 2004

Carolling Photoblogging!

Back. Happy Boxing Day people! *nods* Got my results back and am feeling decidedly chirpy, therefore I shall grace everyone with a nice long photo blog entry =)



This is currently my desktop background... it's so Christmassy and snowy that I just can't resist, even though it is but the Winter Wonderland Pokemon backdrop at J8 =P With the Christmas tree by the side and us in red shirts and Christmas hats it has all the makings of a pretty picture, with a decidedly festive touch =)




One more! This one has Da and Simon instead of Tim and Ginny, so I'm guessing it should be Deck the Halls (which sounded pretty good, by the way... for once! *beams* This calls for a celebration~ Woohoo!) Much thanks to Ben for helping me take the pics... Didn't catch Audrey or Cheryl senior... we actually forgot to take pictures after the crazy noisy Mos burger dinner, and I don't wonder why... we were probably too high to remember to take pictures =P Aww well, next time, I guess. Couple more pics in the album, check out the link, but apparently you have to be an imagestation member to view the photos. Blearghs.

Oh yes. I've a number of videos too, many thanks to Shu Ying for helping us take them... I'm wondering if there's any place online that I can store them, besides yahoo groups, due to the couple of violent objections from my fellow performers dare I pose them for public viewing... *shrugs* Shan't risk my neck =P




This one is from our carolling competition. Say hello to Fuoco! =) Have a lotta grumbling to do about certain annoying people that came along to spoil market but decided there's not much point dwelling on it, not especially after our elaborate verbal thrashing of the market-spoilers in Tim's car that had us all aching with laughter ;) And NO, what we said shall not be repeated here or anywhere else, so don't ask =P

Moving on. I would like to confess that I had a horrible time carolling at Harbourfront and was thoroughly miserable at the fact that the performance had to be repeated not twice, not thrice, but five bleedin' times. It was quite a draining experience, having to spend so much energy singing and beaming at an audience that doesn't really seem to be in the mood for Christmas, and not hearing yourself or feeling the rush of adrenalin that I've automatically come to associate with performing.

Thank goodness it got better at Esplanade and Europa. Much much better =) Not only did we sound good, we felt pretty good too. Esplanade's a charming place, with the classy concourse, decent mikes, proper dressing rooms and... funky identification cards. Check it out!



Charmaine, Artist. How cool is that? I would like a permanant name tag that goes like that =P

It probably helped that we were in costume when we were carolling at the Esplanade as well. Somehow with the gown and the makeup the carolling presentation has a more polished feel to it, if you get what I mean. I adore the choir gown. It gets me a lot more hyped up for the performance.

Presenting the Diva...



Okay lar, I guess it'll look more posh without all the barang-barang and mineral water bottles on the dressing table. But it's a nice dressing room, anyway. Reminds me of those dressing rooms at Kallang theatre and how thrilled I was with the light bulb-lined mirrors when I first saw them way back in my Sec 2 choir days =) Sua ku, yes. I bet half of you blogders don't get such luxury treatment as us artistes do ;) Just look at those brilliant smiles on our faces...




Okay, okay, enough bragging, or I'll start getting hatemail on my tagboard... =P What other pictures would you like to see? Oh right, I misssed out Europa.



This is us by the poolside, attempting to squeeze into the pavilion (well, it's a sheltered jacuzzi place, actually... except that they placed the big pot of Christmas tree into the jacuzzi... odd huh, but nevertheless pretty) for an all-girls picture.



And here are all the girls in place... Kinda dark, this place, even after picture editing... but any brighter it'll have looked unreal. Aiya, cannot see Gek's face... never mind, I believe I have lots of her in my imagestation album *escapes before Gek comes*


Yuppers, this should be all for now... Until everyone else diligently uploads their photos... Had a great time carolling with Resonance and Consonance this year, but to tell the truth I'm kinda glad we have a year-long break before the next set of carolling. 10 sets of carolling, not counting those that are repeated on the same day, are more than enough for the year *whew* Heartfelt thanks to seniors, peers and juniors for being such wonderful fellow carollers... Keep singing, peeps!

Two weeks later is Cons elections. I shall hereby send out a subliminal message: Not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me.

Please catch the hint. =)

No comments: