Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Restrictions

How do I put this? I'm showing a preference for something over another, which is, strictly speaking, not correct. But there is no right or wrong where one's personal preferences lie, is there? Was reading through my previous entries (in an offline diary inaccessible to all, so don't speculate) and realised a marked difference in perspective... built up by gradual acclimatisation, if you could call it that, and somehow, even as initial goals and desires remained the same, something else has changed.

"Men are born free, but are everywhere in chains." Rousseau
Just an idea that struck me suddenly. Remembered this quote I got from my Gothic Lit. May be inaccurate, I dunno. But we are so often bound by society, by the norm, by expectations, by morals, by civilisation, by so many things... we do have very little freedom to work with what we want, don't we?

Just a random thought. Not like me to post dark lit quotes and relating to them, at least not here of all places, but certain few things of similar nature are bugging me and I need to let off steam, but am still being awfully cryptic, deliberately vague and not getting to the point. Simply because I don't want to know how much the point might hurt, because people will go and read between the lines and perhaps get sensitive about certain issues. I don't want them to do that and I don't want any questions asked and I don't need any sleepless night from anyone. Or guilt or disappointment or dismay or despair or any bad feelings of any sort.

*blows out air* Sorry. Really needed to get that out of the way. Shouldn't let certain things get onto my nerves. Just complicates things. So blip it, delete it, put it aside. Am going to unknot certain issues in due time, but now is definitely not it. *Shrugs* We'll see.

1 comment:

Charm said...

dear char, do u know that by saying that somebody could get upset if they read too deeply between the lines, you are already revealling a lot abt wad u are hiding.. or at least, the nature of it.. if u really dun wan ppl to know, dun write it.. but i guess it's how our minds work eh? a half-hidden cry for help.. between the lines..