While waiting for Wen to come online I shall do a quick quick entry.
No one's updating! Why? Seems like everyone is really busy. Hm. With the exception of me, that is. Barely more than a week at home, and I'm already bored. I think I'm about done memorising my first half pieces already (no, Clara, Maria, don't glare at me =X)... left a couple more songs but I better go through again to make sure.
Oh, and I'm done with the choir album I started putting together since Dec. Very very s-l-o-w, yes, I know. Left off captioning and putting nice backgrounds behind the photographs halfway, so I guess I could work on that, too.
Tried to finish up a John Grisham book from my Reader's Digest Select Editions today, but found that it gets rather dry after awhile. I don't think litigations and stocks and torts really appeal to me -_- Ew. And that's already the abridged version. Don't want to think what the complete volume will be like. Decided to get down to reading my NUS Acceptance Record Undertakings and Authorizations instead, and discovered that it didn't make for much interesting reading either. They would have to repeat the same idea in ten different ways to make sure it covers every possible situation, to the point where the idea will be lost on me halfway through, which means that I would have to read it over again. *sigh* But I think the gist of it goes about the lines of "I shall be good and follow your rules and not get you or myself into unnecessary trouble", which I suppose is fine by me. Mm. Only thing I gotta work out now is the loan and module-registration what-have-yous.
Hm. I would like to go out. Want to make one trip back to SN for a nice bit of reminiscising (Da? Gill? Cyn? Yeesh?) and maybe we can go sing at the sunken forum again! Or go hang at the bball court... Play piano outside MPR... Skip skip skip down the length of the track... Drink ice milo and eat shortbread at the canteen... Go roof garden and scream at the top of our voices... Pop in at choir prac if they have prac on that day and say hi to Mrs Ong and see the new lot of juniors and feel remarkably old... (Is anyone tempted enough to accompany me yet? =) ) It's close to national day now and I was wondering if they would play the national day songs over the PA like we used to do early in the morning... There's nothing quite like singing Jia in SN (then ripple ripple ripple ;P) or going 'where I beLONG! where I keep my heart and SOUL!' in those crazily high whole-school sing-along sessions the half-day before National Day, staying back to sit at the specs stand after everyone has gone or going down for tau huay and thereafter a nice swing in the playground down the road to D's house... Hm. Okay. Now that I've talked myself into all these again there's no backing out. Someone will go back with me, right? (hint hint =P)
Gotta make another trip back to NY, too, for the cert collection and to pop in the staff room to say hi to all the teachers we know. And to badger them into buying tickets. Aha ;o) Probably won't be able to meet the choir cos our timing won't coincide, though I would like to. Hm. At least to have a look at the new batch of year ones, and see what the new com is like. Oh, and to go and disturb Miss Ong for a while, although we do see her on weekends =P Hm. And I must remember to get round to addressing her by her name sometime.
Feels like I'm retracing my steps... Maybe one more trip back to Rosyth would be nice also, though the new school building is nothing quite like the small little compound that made up the primary school I knew. Oh well. Things change. Whether you want them to or not... And thereafter it's to Uni we go... Can you imagine? We've come a long long way since then, and there is still a long long way to go, but this time there're gonna be less safety nets, less structure, less of what we've always known. One more step towards adulthood. One leap into the unknown. We've spent so much of our life studying, moving in the same, familiar patterns, somehow this blurry mess of unknown, this unplanned, unstructured future unnerves me. Independance, growing up, growing awareness and responsibilities... There have been a lot of times I wished it wouldn't be so, that growing up is not a necessity, that things would remain uncomplicated, that each situation would always fall nicely into place. Live like the Happy Prince inside the palace that keeps all unhappiness out. But that is terribly unrealistic, and not very fair to those who would have to come face to face with the harshness of reality everyday. *shrugs* We all get our share, I guess. But I shall try to stay optimistic =) One step at a time, and things should work out to be fine. There's really no point to go fretting all over the place. Eh. Better remind myself to keep that in mind. Not always something I stick by, I daresay. But anyhow, I'm glad that in this journey I've got my family and my friends with me. Home, school, choir... all the people I've known in there and played a part in my life... thank you =) To go with the blackout-theme-of-the-month, you are the indispensable streetlamps that put me on the right track and steer me clear of unnecessary crashes. And, if you would allow me to take a shot in the dark--no pun intended-- for all those who are in a pretty dark stretch of road now, here's a bit of light from me to you, too. This streetlamp will be shining for you, don't forget that =)
Wednesday, July 14, 2004
12/7/04
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment