Saturday, November 24, 2007

Writing essays can draw blood.

Writer's block now. I look at the essays-- I wrote TWO versions of a thousand words each--and think, huh, now what?

I still have 8 more pages to go. Been doing this for days. Hours and hours before the computer, for days.

I really really need to study. I haven't studied for the whole bloody sem because I was writing essay after essay after essay, and even up till my study break, even up till now... I'm not free of essaying.

My notes look so unfamiliar, so unfamiliar, I won't know where to start when essaying ends. Essay doesn't even look like it's ending. It's wringing brain juice and tears and it's still not done. What else do you need to wring from me, blood? The sheer agony. I feel capable of gnawing through a cable with this sheer nervous energy. Or yowl at the top of my voice, with all the passion of a deranged person.

I feel this wild distant sense of fear of all these files atop my table, unarranged, untouched throughout the semester.

I want to say, why don't you just kill me already, but then the little brother says if I die he'll burn essay questions for me to do anyway, so I've scraped that alternative. The horror.

Head's killing me. Need to conk out, and write again ere morning comes.

No comments: