Sunday, October 28, 2007

I just remembered I haven't illustrated the amount of work I have. Of course, work is intangible: aside from the word count (for which I believed I have hit nearly 12,000 in the form of 7 essays and 2 [short] proposals), presentations not included-- there is still the awfully time-consuming thinking and wording process.

And the reading, of course.



Okay, okay, before your eyes pop: only 12 of these books are officially my primary texts (plus 12 films, short stories, plays, poetry and two course packs) so it's SHEN JING BING LAR not as horrifying as it looks, really. The rest are just library books--which I still have to read, anyhow, in the name of diligent research.

I concluded that I should not be too hard on myself if I don't manage to finish my readings in time for class. It's difficult not to feel bad, though--I don't know how my brilliant classmates manage to finish their novels and the readings on time, and manage to stay awake and deliver comments --insightful or otherwise-- during class. Astounding. Perhaps their minds move instantaneously onto planning the next essay the second they complete an assignment.

Presently, all I can think of, after uploading my research workshop proposal presentation at 2am in the morning, is what breakfast I would like to have tomorrow.

Coffee Bean serves fantastic breakfast, by the way. Toast, and eggs, and cheese oozing all over your ham and sausages. I love! =D

It's very no life, beaming over the thought of breakfast in the wee hours of the morning, but it is 3am now and the usual people are not online for me to squeal at. Except maybe Siyi, whom I spot online even at 5am(!) on days when I'm rushing essay =P

Oh, and random fact of the day: the male actor in Japanese film comedy Welcome Back Mr McDonald is uber shuai. *beams* Problem is, I cannot remember his name because it's in Japanese-- will need to repeat it to myself a number of times before it sinks in. Alarming really, considering how many names I need to memorise-- two weeks ago I was clutching at straws in class because I cannot remember the female protagonist's name-- Tsuruko? Yasuko? Yukiko? Sachiko? Michiko? Sumiko? Taeko?

Turns out she was called Noriko. I think I should watch more Japanese films. Too pampered in Dr W's ang moh film classes, where single-syllable John and Smith and Ann and Jane would do.

Okay, I should stop writing-- I'm beginning to sound increasingly stupid. (It's compensation for heavy complex thinking prior to this, okay.)

Till the next post-essay entry, then! =)

No comments: