Sunday, July 15, 2007

Commencement 2007

Last Saturday and Sunday I went for two commencements: Maria's, and my Lit buddies' =)


With SC's first graduate Maria! Who was our absolute star that day, and wasn't allowed to stop smiling because we all wanted individual pictures with her =P *sobs* Our dear girl all grown up now... *scuttles off before Maria comes to whack me*

Okay, with the grand 四方帽 this time! (what's it called in English, actually?)



With the SC girls who were able to come down, including our long-time-no-see Miss President Jeslyn, who said of course she'll be there for every important occasion of ours, including grad ceremonies, marriages and births =) So we've got a ready-made VIP group for all future big events (All right girls, take that down and don't forget!)


Oh, and we caught Eunice Olsen with her cloak and hat close up when the profs were released from the hall and were making their way up, and she actually looked over and smiled straight at us. Very sweet =) On a more frivolous note-- she looks really nice in the red Harry-Potter style cloak lar, as does most of the profs we saw. Which was quite an incentive, really-- I asked Phyllis if you could graduate with that funky round hat if you studied up to Masters, but apparently you'll get it only when you work up to PHD. Bummer. I always wondered how it feels like to wear one, but I really don't think people go into academia for the attire *grins*

And here we announce our presence:



Huge "I WAS HERE" sign, right outside the UCC. (I like this picture! We look so happy and so... carefree.) The sign got meaning one, okay. I for Identity, WAS for Presence, and Here for Place, just so we wouldn't forget...

But who could ever forget people and experiences and places so precious? We were here, are here, and will always be here... in memory and in spirit, if not physically. And that's always a comfort to know =)

So that was Saturday with Maria and the SC peeps. Sunday's commencement was for my Lit buddies!


Kopped from Alicia, because hers looked much nicer =P So we finally finally finally finally finally(!) got a decent picture together after three years of lit classes (Okay, maybe one-and-a-half? two? Since we hardly knew one another in year one...)

Which is why we should take lots more pics together!



With Eileen...


With Yuanting...


And Alicia!


Oh, and I managed to catch Liyan too! I didn't know she was graduating this year, but I was really glad I managed to catch her~



It feels kind of surreal somehow,attending your friends' grad ceremony, and getting caught up in this super high cheery happy occasion. I'm really grateful, though, for all my friends' abilities to make me feel less left out than I had semi-expected to feel, so there was pretty much good vibes throughout both days, without so much a reminder of being one of the few staying on, still...

So thanks, girls, for the memories-- all the arts-and-business-canteen days, the moping over assignments, the intellectual discussions, the overnight company over MSN for essay deadline nights, the whining one another's ears off, the laughter and conversations and all the random quirky moments, and--most importantly--for being there, and being you =)

The close of one chapter, perhaps, but certainly not the end of the tale =) We've got to meet up and catch up every once in a while k?

And because I like this picture I shall let it round off the entry...


Stay in touch k!

No comments: