Sometimes it's just coming online to browse, looking for I-don't-know-what. There isn't anything to do online really, while before you, behind you are truckloads of stuff waiting to be read and analysed and conceptualised and made ready. Readings made me sleepy so here I am. Oh, goodness.
I had a terrible urge to use the phone, to nestle in the comfy softness of my parents' bed and cradle the phone against my ear and talk the time away. The weekend was refreshing because time stretched on in an almost leisurely manner, and I get to talk with my parents, with my brother, catch up on all sorts of stuff.
You know there's something wrong when I start to talk compulsively. Or blog compulsively, in this context. It's not that I'm very free, what with quizzes and watching prime time movies... they're more of a means of distracting the brain from work, or panicking about work at least. Have been brainstorming and ploughing through readings and scouring every single faculty's online events calendar for a speech or breaking news and drafting possible interview questions and thinking some more, and...
And I need some kind of catharsis before I freak out big time. This is not good, Charm. The number of freak-out moments this sem is more than last sem already, and it's unhealthy. I never knew I had such issues with stepping out of my comfort zone before, but for some reason or other Reality and The Future and Great Unknowns keep looming before me. Some kind of quarter-life crisis, this being scared of everything that is to come. My goodness, Charm, get a grip.
Why are there no more reso pracs? There goes the thing-to-look-forward-to-on-a-Tuesday =( Might be dog-tired at the end of the day, of course, but prac's often a welcomed relief =)
Ah well. Enough with the wailing... Must log off quick.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Freaking frenzy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment