Desperate people do desperate things. Like spending 1,985 points on one module.
If one is 'once bitten, twice shy', then what does one do when you're twice outbidded? You throw in nearly everything you have the third time round, never mind how extravagent. It's 7 people, 1 vacancy, and the next min bid is 902, and no one is backing off.
I think I had been rather irrational, though, driven wholly by sheer exasperation and near desperation when three major modules were outbidded in two (protected!) rounds. Second-highest bidder at 1,215 points must be patting him/herself on the back with a certain sense of satisfaction (and relief) that this siao char bo outbidded her by a 750-point margin. (It's a lot more dui if you are kenah outbidded by a tiny margin)
I dunno whether to laugh or cry at this turnout, but then after a brief shower just now after re-sorting my timetable (for the millionth time), I decided that I should just be very very grateful. Take it as a painful lesson in bidding wisely, Charm, one that costs you enough points to remember by. (eh, this is outta point, but 1985 is the year I'm born in. Maybe I should have set it at my birthdate 1710, and saved another 200 points, but I was panicking way too much then, to set my bid any lower)
One more round left. All the best, people!
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Bidding mania
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment