Thursday, November 18, 2004

Pre-exam nonsense

I'm VERY PEEVED with myself. I have a special flair for 1) Procrasination and 2) Doing all the wrong things at the wrong time. Therefore during the exams period you will see the frequency of blog postings increase, the number of games sites multiply on my Internet Explorer, the hi-scores for multiple games start to climb, Straits Times Life! flipped through from end to end, electricity bills go up, SMSes increase as well, and my table will start to get neater and neater (it's a guilt thing, really. When you don't feel like studying but feel like you need to compensate in some way, you pack your table.) until my next revision rampage, and my brother's sketchbook starts to fill up with nice dragon sketches (of course he's not complaining, he brings them to school to show off... in fact I believe he kinda figured out this is the best time to tempt me with nonsense distractions like draw him a dragon. Bah.) and... and... and oh yes, because I stagnate so much and am not studying enough, I start to get fat.

This is no joke okay. It does not help that my mum tells me I resemble an elephant in the way I stampede around the house; recently I tripped over the stairs while running up to my room, and when I told my dad about it, hoping for some display of concern, he went "Huh? 楼梯有没有坏?"

I will go and swim on Sunday. Even though I look like a ba4 zhang3 in my swimming attire. But meanwhile I will tell everybody that I am heavier than they are because I'm full of 墨水 and bulkloads of examinable information, like how my mum blames me for her tummy: 一看到你我就一肚子气. *nods* Very useful.

Oh yes, among other distractions I have also picked up TV watching-- cartoons, no less, because my brother has figured out how to unblock the kids' channels that took me ten minutes with a manual to block (without even needing the password! the manual is such a liar) and he's been avidly watching Lilo and Stitch The Series, among other nice shows. Told him it's a waste of time watching repeat shows, especially when they are movies that last an hour and a half, but then realised that I was speaking to someone who has watched Finding Nemo so many times that he can recite to me, END TO END, WORD FOR WORD, the WHOLE MOVIE, intonation, grammer, stage directions and all. Even when the DVD is not playing. Yay.

Finished installing XP service pack 2 and discovered that my comp is not better off-- in fact it degenerated into the state whereby my parents often use to describe me--比人家慢三排。 I click on an icon and the window appears only three minutes later... and when I attempt to connect to the internet, it takes eons to locate an IP address. Anyone has lobang as to where I can find someone to service my poor 反应迟钝 computer?

Okay, I gotta end my nonsense here and now, and start revising. Jeez, I'm such an exasperating creature.

PS.: Tagboard seems to be down all the time recently. Maybe I'll get a flooble... but meanwhile do you guys see a "Leave a ripple!" at the end of every post? That's for you to comment... so do feel free to utilise it yah... (read: LEAVE NOTES, people. You have NO EXCUSES. Bwahahaha!)

No comments: