Wednesday, March 12, 2008

isming

How do you write a 3,000 word essay? I'm doing my 2/3 draft now, or rather, 3/5 of a draft... after 2,000 words I feel like I'm squeezing blood out of stone. After 2,400 I wanna gag blood myself. A massive struggle later (it's only 500 words more to almost 3,000! go go go charm!)... I'm at 2,600 words.

WAH LAO. I feel like drowning myself. That's like 2,400 more words to 5,000. HOW can people write so much? Quote obsessively?

I'm submitting this portion of the draft anyway. I need to re-read another two books and come up with another essay's worth of information. Maybe next week, after I finish re-reading 10 books for my two tests on Monday, collectively worth 75% of my grades. Makes you feel like exams have come early, doesn't it?

Plus 400 pages of Eco to go. *wails* How can I go for Amplitude at this rate?!

But one must always be grateful. At least I didn't choose to do a 12,000 word thesis, which would have got me running to Dr A's room with a knife wailing STAB ME! STAB ME! at the end of the term.

Okay, to bed. Interview tmr at some financial advisory thingie-wingie. All so hush hush. Gee. I hope it's not a kidnap ploy.

No comments: