Friday, August 31, 2007

Crabsticks.

It dawned on me at 12.30am that I have four readings and two short stories to finish before 10-5pm lessons tomorrow. How can I realise this so late? Tried to cram one-and-a-half films and assignment research into my free day today, but I only finished half a film =( Black Rain is a powerful film though. Immensely sad in a deeply melancholic kind of way... I thought a war film would be too overtly explosive and in-your-face for my liking, but this one has its surprisingly light, endearing moments, which made the bleak images and stark, raw moments of loss, delivered with such matter-of-fact, calm resignation, so very touching.

Love film. Short stories are okay too, they don't give quite the pleasure of conquering a novel but they're still quite good. Still grumpy about having to wallow through readings for the other modules =(

Miss novels and slow chordy songs. And no, the 1175-line does not count as a novel, okay.

No comments: