Very busy week! I haven't got the time to talk of internship proper at all, I realised, especially with the onslaught of Reso activities taking up every night of the entire last day of work, spilling over to the following Monday.
But a two-and-a-half month stint does deserve its place of mention on the blog, yes? =) I think I was really really lucky to get this internship-- and this isn't a comment realised only upon hindsight, because really, there're lessons to take home all the time, things to learn and stuff to write. And I did really get to write, which is an opportunity that I'm super grateful for. After overcoming the first week of bad writing, of course, when I had written without completely knowing what it is that was required of me. Poor Nicole probably nearly died editing the first set of articles, which made me feel terribly guilty. But she allowed me to make mistakes without grudging me for it, and sent them back to let me review and re-edit and fix my mistakes, which helped a tremendous lot in getting me to understand how things work, and getting me to have a better grasp on writing for something with its own set of expectations. When the next set of edited articles were sent back I was practically bubbling with delight and relief within, when I spotted a significant dip in the red-marked changes. On the one hand it meant a less painful experience for my editor, of which I do feel very much responsible for, and on the other it meant that there was some sort of improvement =) Yayyers. There's still quite a way to go before I'm good enough, of course, but it is encouraging =)
And then there're really nice people, who are easy to get along with, and nice to work with as a consequence =) It's pretty cosy in the small two-room office, with only the big boss, two writers, an administrator and us two interns, (the configurations were changed a couple of times, but that's another story--we'll keep this simple). Nicole and JS are totally hilarious sometimes in their utter randomness and their unexpected comments and responses, of which I'd rather not quote here... We'll all like to keep our reputations intact, should I happen to return again in the future =P And then there's Kaykey, of course, who added more life into the internship altogether, without whom I'll probably be bored to death. (And twice as kan cheong about every crisis and deadline. She's super calm and efficient lar, which is life-saving at times when I panic, heh) All the MSN-ing and simultaneous whining about stupid companies with lousy info and tea-buying and (probably the highlight of these all) disturbing a very agitated Charlene every once in a while actually makes long work days more manageable.
Charm, Char and KayKey at Tom's Palette, our favourite ice cream parlour ever =) I think this is like the only picture I have of three of us...
And here's us!
Dressed down and half-dead on the last day of work, haha. There's a pretty view from the boss's office-- you can actually see the big ferris wheel at Marina and Suntec from here.
We didn't get to take pictures with Nicole, grah. The last day of internship coincided with a pending publication deadline, so neither Nicole nor big boss was around in the office, even =( JS declared that he was camera shy, so we didn't take with him, either. =( =(
Never mind. We shall be content with the scenic view from our toilet on the sixteenth floor. 
Nicole promised to treat Kaykey and I to a KTV outing, so expect more pictures then! =D
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Internship
Labels:
internship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment