Monday, August 07, 2006

I am peeved with people who hike up points to the thousands on the first day of bidding. GRAH! Media writing is no longer possible this sem (excuse me, 2450 points minimum?), and emotions and social life is going at an impressive 900+. I'm programally-point-poor, so there it goes too. Social variations in English for now. EL mods are nice in a way that they have enough vacancies for a decent, non-heart-attack-inducing 1-point modules =)

That said, I just hopped over from Eme's blog (you just reminded me of Winter Light! Love that song... Now I'm full of good feeling just thinking about the times we sang it for you guys ^^) It's a hauntingly beautiful song, so sweet, so sad, so ethereal...

Heart's call,
Heart's fall,
Swallowed in the rain
Who knows,
Life grows,
Hollow and so vain

Wandering in the winter light
The wicked and the sane
Bear witness to salvation
And life starts over again

Now the clear sky is all around you
haaaah... oohh...
Love shadows will surround you
All through the night
Stars glowing in the twilight
Tell me true
Hope whispers and I will follow
Till you... love me... too


Makes me think of long, long stretches of cold, cold plains, the rain that sweeps through, pouring, pouring... The glitter of a light, the clearing of the skies, and the tiny flare of hope. Hope, no matter how lonely, how lost, how cold... Hope, and lingering love, in the darkest of nights where the stars will still shine...

So all is not lost.

Found Linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou too. Another favourite. As are Enya's May It Be and The Hunchback of Notre Dame's Someday and Out There and Charlotte Church's The Prayer and Anastasia's Journey to the Past and Chyi's Whoever Finds This, I Love You.

Yes, Charm's wholly uncontemporary song favourites... I like songs that tell stories, and calm you, somehow. Radio hits are for running with, with their thump-thump-thumping, but even those didn't sustain me long enough, and I had to yank off the earphones to listen out for the evening bustle,the playground laughter, the car-washing and the rustling of the wind in the trees...

*freezes in sudden realisation* oh crap! I've got songs to learn for tonight! Another "head-thumping-rock-number" by Amanda *grins* and the piece-to-teach-for-auditions... Aiyeee...

Okay, must leave off luxuriating in the soothing dreamy hopeful pieces and come back to reality, Charm. Till the next entry =)

No comments: