Saturday, April 08, 2006

Picked this up from Reader's Digest... I can't copy it wholesale, cos I'll be infringing copyright laws or something, but I'll give you the gist without the research details.

5 Surprising Reasons to Get More Sleep (rd april 06)

1. It could make you thinner (at least 5 hours per night to boost a hunger-suppressing hormone and reduce a hunger-inducing hormone)

2. It could boost your memory (Working into the night slows thinking skills)

3. It boosts the immune system

4. It can slow down ageing (Ppl who sleep 6-7 hours a night live longer than those sleeping less than 4.5 hours)

5. It could keep you on the straight and narrow. (Depression and low self-esteem associated with teens actually co-relate with sleep shortage. Drinks and drugs, too.)

*poke poke nudge nudge* You know who I'm talking about okay... So shoo, go and sleep now!

No comments: