Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Good girl Charm, you pulled through your three-deadline-days!

I'm still alive! *bounces in exuberance* And it's good to be alive! Finished Renaissance and 18th Century and SS tutorial facilitation and Autumn leaves and half an Ipanema in three days :) (Although there's a lotta stuff I need to work on, still, and it's kinda worrying, but oh, I've got time to sing now! Can go home early and yodle away before my folks come home, hohoho...)

Since I'm in a celebratory post-essay good mood, if you ask me out for ice-cream within these two days, I'll probably treat you :)


18th Century was darn scary lar. Reached home at 11.30pm after prac, and at 1am I was still staring utterly dismayed at the computer, not knowing how to start, in a wild panic that I won't be able to finish, and couldn't write constructively at all... And it was bad this time 'cos there weren't fellow online lit-mates, or fellow essay-rushers, or the usual late-night people... Gave up and rested for an hour, determined to lie still even as the mind kept churning restlessly (like the Romanticism last week where sleep was mingled with murky Wordsworthian phrases and possible argument structure). Resumed work at 2.45pm, covered one-and-a-half texts by 5, napped another hour, and chiong all the way till 9.30am, and cabbed to school ($13 bucks, *sob*) just so to get it in by lecture break.

I'm so so thankful it's all done :)

Oh and I love SS film! I love analysing films, and Singapore films do have a certain familiar touch to it that you don't get in ang moh films, and are therefore easier to relate to and work with, I think. Plus we've got nice people, and our TA's good :) And I get to talk more during tutorial, like for anthropology tutorial, and I don't leave the room feeling sore that I'm not articulate enough to churn out helpful ideas, like I've been feeling for my lit modules this sem, argh. But let's not dwell on that.

Home-made film screening on Friday! So exciting~ Meanwhile I probably should begin on my uncompleted readings, read Waverley, Crashaw's poetry, Shakespeare's sonnets, and all all all the anthropology readings that I've left untouched all sem. Gosh.

Oh and as a side point, I got an absolute new high score of 33000 for my pool game during one of my frustrated essay-breaks for Renaissance. And my Pinball hi-score has shot up, credits to Romanticism essay. As for Hexic... I finished the game with black pearl cluster with starflowers to spare. Gosh. So incorrigible. Don't ask why lar k. Clicking furiously with your mouse or tapping your keyboard is a curious form of stress-relieving.

No comments: