In less than an hour the earlier households will stir, and the morning-session children awaken, while I... I shall go have my two-hour nap for the night :)
"Charmaine, a 2-syllable girl's name of Latin origin, means: Delight; singer; song"
Loves...
:: Words, Music and Food :: Lit :: A Cappella :: Singing :: Writing :: Family and Friends ::
Read...
"We all try so hard to be strong or free or safe, or whatever it is we think we need most... and in the end all we can ever be is just us. And it's enough because it has to be. There's not anything else." --Nora, Nora, by Anne River Siddons
"In your language you have a form of poetry called the sonnet... It is a very strict form of poetry, is it not? There are fourteen lines, I believe, all in iambic pentameter. And each line has to end with a rigid rhyme pattern... But within this strict form the poet has complete freedom to say whatever he wants, doesn't he?"
"You mean you're comparing our lives to a sonnet? A strict form, but freedom within it?"
No comments:
Post a Comment