Sunday, August 28, 2005

*Yawns* Goodness, I'm so tired, I'll be glad when welcome tea is over and practices are just... practices. Where "homework" is going home to listen to noteworthy and to learn your score, instead of replying to emails and creating lists and sorting auditionees and smsing people and emailing again and planning food budget and the like. I miss singing, leh.

My texts and readings are putting me to sleep, and that's making me quite quite panicky. I should have a better appreciation of poetry and prose than this -_-'' Might have been part exhaustion, and lousy time management (as always!), and general slow-ness. Bah. And now, as with any new semester, it's a turning point, where changes come about and you pick yourself up and go along with them, but oftentimes I feel queasy. I don't like too many things changing simultaneously, though admittably variety spices up your life a little, makes it more interesting. But it also means uncertainty, and a curious in between state of knowing and not knowing, where you wonder just how things and people are gonna turn out.

Am feeling remarkably stoned now, probably because I was rather high yesterday. And because today's last sort-of "dinner" "outing" was a bit of a flop, seeing how the crowd dwindles into a bare few, and quite a number of us were rather zonked, what with not enough sleep and all. Oh well, not the best time for all, I guess. Never mind, next time. I'm trying to figure out when in the term would be nice, but so far the near future looks relatively packed. Hmph.

Shall go listen to nice soothing music, then go back to Wordsworth. Oh well, at least he's not as depressing a poet as... *thinks* everyone else. Jeez. Melancholic, yes, but at least he shows a healthy appreciation of the innocence of a Child, and the wondrous beauty of Nature, and the tugging nostalgia of what is slipping from our grasp... *nods* As far as I understand, I think so, too. And then if there's time I shall read my exciting-depressing sci-fi text. Oh! Which reminds me, Dr G was on the news today, at the Sunday Life! section where they interview learned people about the books they are reading now, and ask for their recommendations. Apparently now he's reading through 6 different books concurrently, ranging from essays on poetry to philosophy to science. That, on top of his year ones' and year fours' freaking essays. Now, how scary is that? :S Oh dear. Is that what they are training us to do, too? I'm a non-cheem, perfectly normal person who loves the subtle nuances and powerful suggestions and sharp observations that lit books yield, that's all. Not that my fantastic lit profs are not normal lar, they're more like... supernormal.

Sigh. Shall come back to write again later, when I'm being more coherent, and less drowse-induced.

No comments: