Friday, August 12, 2005

I began quite an elaborate post yesterday, but didn't get round to finishing it because I was dropping off to sleep. Very drowsy. Today, I thought to myself, I shall finish it. But after vacuuming and mopping the floor and ironing and folding the clothes and washing the dishes and another 100 pages of Canticle--which turned out to be the most exhausting of the lot, I wonder why...? I'm thinking, maybe tomorrow.

Then I find more work in the mail. Oh, dear. Long chatty entries will have to wait. And I was still hoping to quicken my reading pace before the week is up... how else am I supposed to keep up with 7-books-per-module...?! Books, reasonably thick, all of them, not just 20paged readings that you can cheat yourself out of once in a while, tho' that's not exactly a good idea either. Oh well.

Have lost the thread of my story already, because my attention keeps slipping when the story gets technical, and still I press on with no desire to linger, because otherwise the words gradually merge into random prints on a page, and my mind blurs into semi-consciousness. But I am three-quarter ways through now, and the goal's almost in sight *beams* Then I can move on to the 17 poems to be read by Tuesday. *cringe* I should get down to finishing the AGM report, though. Saturday, Charm.

Received a package from the mail today. Now, usually that would bring quite a stir of excitement, but I realised that it was Reader's Digest Select Editions-- The 4-in-1 book containing bestsellers that we subscribe to once every 3 months or so. Under normal circumstances I would pry the package open and survey the blurb with some anticipation, but... eh. *faintly put off* I shall leave this set of optional leisure reading aside for Christmas.

Shall keep this short, till the next time~

No comments: