Friday, June 06, 2008

I found ANOTHER error in one of my lengthy applications that I sent out last week and am feeling very, very annoyed with myself. First it's a grammatical typo in my application for an editorial position, and now it's missing information in an application form. I am utterly APPALLED. ROAR. Am crossing my fingers and toes and hoping that they have kindly HR people who'll let this pass, otherwise it's goodbye to two perfectly decent jobs.

In other news, have been rung up to attend two tests and submit additional documents for 4 different companies, so am sincerely hoping that these'll work out better. One of these "additional documents" for one of the companies include "writing samples... something more colloquial, perhaps an entry from your blog? Just so that we can get a general feel of your writing style."

I should put up a poll for Readers' Favourite Blog Post and give her the most popular one, except I probably don't have time for such frivolity. At any rate I have been browsing the entries in the last few months and feeling generally horrified at the quality of writing. I seem to have abandoned my long-winded posts in preference for brief grumbles at random nonsense.

Plus this seems like a sneaky way to spy, as Shell pointed out, so...-shudder- Perhaps not. I'll find colloquial samples of my own writing elsewhere.

So. That's it for the job hunt-- nothing more to reveal because I've yet to have interesting news-- such as upcoming interviews, for instance. Plus I figure I gotta learn to be more diplomatic now that I'm heading out into the world, so to speak--some places might not take kindly to publicity, positive, neutral or otherwise.

Ah well. =)

No comments: