Vodka has a stinging spicy taste at the first sip, like fire that burns your tonuge and runs down your throat, but the warmth that follows is a surprisingly settling one. And then subsequently the fire fades and sweetness sets in, in an odd sort of bittersweet aftertaste. With enough ice it feels almost like a soft drink, an unassuming sprite or coke, without their overwhelming sweetness or gassiness...
Interesting, as new things always are... And deeply fascinating, the layers in a drink, concocted in such a way that some flavours prick the taste buds in such marked distinctness, while other layers remain an inexplicable mix that you can't quite make out.
Almost like a human being.
Does your reaction to alcohol make your layers of self more distinct, and more murky at the same time, I wonder?
It still feels odd, wondering what I would be like if I had consciously helped myself to drink, whether it would mean a heightened consciousness of the self or a gradual dissolution.
Okay, this is starting to sound like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. *ponders* But if you aren't a person struggling to over-achieve in the way Jekyll does, forcing himself to live up to abysmal expectations --societal, and his own-- all the time, then there wouldn't be a repressed Hyde springing out from within him, raging to be freed. There's something about an inner balance that keeps you the way you are, I think, alcohol or no.
Mmm. Very random thoughts.
Speaking of Jekyll and Hyde, they changed the focus of the level 4000 19th Century module to geographical spaces. No more gothic. *wails in a banshee-like manner* WHY? I've been looking forward to taking that gothic module since year 1! WHYEEEE did they change the syllables? No more explorations of deep dark other-side of the human psyche =( Granted, they dispersed texts like Dracula into the Feminism module and Frankenstein into the Psychoanalysis module, and they're still fun to do, but it's not exploring the texts in their full gothic element! Aiyeeeerrrr.
Darn, I think I have effectively disrupted my previous contemplative train of thought. Sheesh. More news on the Reso Chlamp (or perhaps a picture or two) next entry, when I get round to uploading the pics =)
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment