Heya dearest people, many thanks for your well-wishes... the rest of you still doing papers, hang in there, and good luck!
Will be in Genting from 30th to 3rd or 4th, my first trip overseas after a good 11 years(!) Shall be back just in time to pack for reso chalet =) Want something? Leave a note, and maybe I'll get it for you ^_^
Meanwhile, who wants to take a module together? Leave a note, too! I'll be taking Shakespeare and Romanticism, and perhaps Singapore film for SS(?)... still debating on Renaissance, because of the consecutive exam dates, otherwise it's Feminism or Lit and Psychoanalysis, if anyone's interested in doing Freud with me =) For leftover UEs... Soci doesn't seem timetable- or exam-friendly this month, so maybe EL, or another language... we'll see...
I shall draw up a list of must-reads for the holiday season, and scare everybody before the new sem starts. Haha!
(i) Important Greek mythologies
(ii) The Geography of Thought
(iii) The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass (sequels to The Golden Compass)
(iv) Olympus (sequel to Ilium)
(v) Two sets of Reader's Digest 4-in-1 Select Editions
(vi) Three months of Reader's Digest magazines (what? it is very wasteful to subscribe and not read, and I haven't had leisure reading all sem, whilst I was busy reading my lit texts)
(vii) Something from Terry Prachett (spelling?), I think, because I heard his fantasy books are funny, and I love light fantasy.
*pauses* eh, aside from Reader's Digest, everything it sci-fi-influenced. Goodness. S/f is a lovely module, though, one of the very best I've taken so far... Attention-capturing, brilliant content and fantastic lecturers. Love it loads =) They should have an S/f module part two, or something. Bliss. So, if anyone wants to borrow books, I've got a budding library of lit texts =P Am so not selling my sci-fi/fantasy texts. You can try reading them, really~ Darn nice!
Oh! and one more to add to the (optional) reading list--*pauses sheepishly* Middlemarch, which, I regret to say, has been, till now, only a-third covered, despite being an examinable text. Eeps!
I oughta source for next year's books and cover some beforehand too -_- A bit scary to cram during term time. *feeling a tad overwhelmed* Oh dear. But aiyah, fun leisure reads first, just to ensure no reading phobia =)
I can't believe myself. This sounds absolutely nerdy, but let me assure you, I do read escapist literature as escapist literature during leisure time, and don't conscientiously extrapolate theories or world perspectives from them, so don't freak out, hor. It's just a matter of covering more books on top of the usual term-time reads, and both trashy and non-trashy light readings can still be a treat =)
Kk, must go. Leave notes!
Monday, November 28, 2005
Post-exams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment