Tonight just reaffirmed the reason why I stuck with singing so long. It's infectious... even when I'm not singing, I feel the tingling exhilaration and the resonating happy-vibes from a song well-performed. It's inexplicable. You just feel the effort and the pride and... the feel of feeling, if that were to make any sense, that comes rolling off in waves from a delightful song, and you stand captivated, listening, watching, wondering. And then when the performance is over you feel like hugging everyone. It's a at-that-moment-in-time kinda feeling. I felt like that when I last watched Consonance pull off a delightful concert in June, and again tonight watching Reso and VnH at the National A Cappella Championships =)
Of course, as usual, I let my excitement sweep me away. Maybe there was really no need to take 55 pictures and three one-minute videos in a span of six songs. That robbed me of half my attention, and I kinda regret not looking up at the 'live' performance (as opposed to the camera screen) and listening more. But I digress... let's get to the point ;)
A big big big CONGRATULATIONS to Verve Enharmonics and Resonance for bagging the first and second prize for National Acappella Championships 05. YAY! And to Audrey for the best soloist prize, too! Am full of warm-fuzzy-feelings stemming from a post-performance fervour, which is still manageable because I'm not part of the performance tonight, but still tangible because I am still part of the group, and get to dabble a little in their joyful tidings, and hop around offerring congratulations to the deserving winners. I did enjoy the show tonight, surrounded by familiar faces onstage and off, all fellow Resonators having a good time =) I met Gill and Angie and Marianne and saw Crystal and Ade as well, too~ a sudden bunch of reminders of how so many of my friends are linked to me, directly or not, through singing. *hugs all fellow singers on impulse*
*pause* What can I say? I'm just very, very glad for them, for us. ^_^ And yes, after I upload and organise the photos *weeps at the sheer number* I will post them up in imagestation. Meanwhile, though, I'll leave you with three nice ones =)


Friday, July 08, 2005
NAC 05
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment