I miss Lit because it forces me to feel. Yah and that includes sobbing like a nut over an essay because I'm stuck at 500 words at 3am and have 1,500 more words to go.
*shudder* The thought still creeps me out but I kept doing that to myself somehow. Year 4 Sem 1 was a nightmare, yet year 4 sem 2 pretty much redeemed it all--I hadn't expected to find a new group of friends in lit-- but there they were, right at the end of my 4 academic years in NUS. And I'm very glad for them.
Okay that was really quite a belated thought. But since I've never really mentioned that before I thought I should :)
- - - - - - -
And you know. Strangely enough I feel like HR suits me more than writing and research ever will. From the point of view of the Lit Student it's very tragic in some ways, but I could not have written myself a living, nor live and die by my art... frankly because I do not feel enough for anything at all to be able to produce deserving works.
It's getting harder to write-- I don't know who I'm writing for, and I daren't know more.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment