Exams are over!
Yes, so I was staring at my one-page question paper in utter horror today, even though I started studying for this paper a full week or more in advance. For a fleeting moment, after my eyes had flicked through the four questions, I was sorely tempted to raise my hand: "Excuse me? Can I check if I've got the right paper? The questions look wrong."
But there, the author names were in there, and so were the texts, albeit all on alternative topics that require reconceptualising whatever we've studied to answer the question. I could've guessed, really, from the exposure module exam paper I took ages ago in year one sem one, which asked about the presentation of the theme of friendship when we didn't at any point touch on friendship for the module, just like how today's paper asked about the technical observations of grief when my mind was chockful of nationalism, the Imagination, the Sublime, slavery, Religion, Print culture, Science, the functions of satire, Social Love, the degeneration of the English Empire... and so on and so forth. But Dr G is quirky this way. Had it been other less philosophical module I may have survived, but philosophy compounded with verbose thousand-line poetry just stumps me. Alas, alas.
But that is that. Charlene told me, quite cheerfully, after my hullabaloo over the phone, that "well, maybe the whole cohort will just get a D" -- which isn't the most comforting post-exam thing to say-- but then again--
This marks the end of exams for this semester! All sorts of stuff to do in the pipelines-- we don't have that much time to complain, do we?
So here goes the holiday list:
7 Dec: KTV with the Reso folks, meeting
8-9 Dec: Post-examinations damage control--tidying up the study table; work out timetable for next sem; module preference exercise; pack for Chlamp
10-12 Dec: Chlamp
13 Dec: Unpack; Prac; meet The Girls; borrow storybooks/starter-research material
14 Dec: Prac + Carolling Gig
15 Dec: Pack for trip
16-19 Dec: Genting/ KL trip; read children's lit on journey there
20 Dec: Unpack; Breather
21 Dec: Settle necessary documents, school book lists, etc with parents for brother @ new school; pick up PSLE cert @ old school
22-23 Dec: Readings; Meet SC girls for Ms Ong's choir concert
24-27 Dec: Pracs for 28th gig; research and amass material for ISM
28 Dec: Carolling Gig
29 Dec-3 Jan: More readings; research and conceptualise possible topics
4 Jan: Meet Dr A for ISM-- state proposal
5-14 Jan: Refine topic and proposal; start buying next sem's books to read (!); pack wardrobe
15 Jan: School reopens
Crap lar, it looks way packed. And the semester's just ended!
Maybe if I decide on my texts faster I needn't do so much reading. It looks abysmal, the time blocked out for research. I shall kop off a day or two to shop with my mum.
Yikes it's 3:15am. Will be back again, methinks-- and if anyone wants to meet up this hols... uh... maybe after Christmas? =x
*weeps* I want to watch The Golden Compass and Lust Caution!
Speaking of which-- Enchanted is way lovely. Anyone who loves romance stories and Disney musicals, or appreciates a quirky, witty bit of spoof should go catch it. It's priceless. Even my mum is asking me if I want to watch it again =P
Oh yes--do me a favour if you can--drop a note and let me know your favourite children's book or children's author, or any kid book that you'll want to recommend to a friend. Thanks loads folks! =)
Friday, December 07, 2007
Post-Exams
Labels:
post-exams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment