Yes, pictures. Because I promised (myself) they'll be up no matter how late. I am such a horrific procrasinator. -_- Oh, credits to dear Sharon for some of the lovely pics she took on her camera phone =)
On the spacious second floor that overlooks the very pretty red roofed buildings that make up most of the ACS Barker Campus. Although nothing will make me waver from the belief that St Nicks is the most beautiful school in Singapore, I suppose ACS Barker is really quite a breezy, scenic, spacious school to study in, what with food-court like canteens and swimming pools and auditoriums and concert halls... Very pretty indeed =)
Welcome to the auditorium! A small part of it, at least. This is my station: the Giant Dump Sculpture, they called it, where the kids can make things outta cardboard and other such recycled materials (of which we'd spent days packing and putting in order) to add on to the structure you see here. Pretty archways and parapets put together by artiste Mehdi and us helpers on set-up day =)
If I were a kid, I'll be fascinated with this little playground.
And since the little ones aren't around yet anyway, we might as well have fun ^_^
The lovely structure from another angle... Ooh, I love the bright orange carpet. (Obviously, of course, this was before the children came in)
.
.
.
And this is after.

After spending hours going round and round the structure to clear off excess rubbish and picking up scattered crayons before someone treads on them and borrowing glue and scissors from one kid to pass to another and fiercely guarding over the masking tape and telling the kids not to run around, the last thing we want to do at the end of the day is to clear up. Again. Thank goodness for the lovable fellow-helpers who'll drop by our station to help out with the massive dumping session at the end of the day, even if they are visibly tired out after ushering and juggling acts and crowd control over at their various stations, too.
There are of course awful instances involving demanding superiors and unreasonable parents and irate teachers terrorising fellow helpers, whose job scope are comparatively different from mine because of the nature of the activities we're in charge of, but which, compared to destructive kids, are actually very much more painful to handle. Those I think I'll leave unmentioned, because I'll rather not remember Kisfest as a series of misfortunes... it is, after all, quite a humongous learning experience =) 
Something that mustn't go unmentioned, though, is the tremendous amount of effort everyone has invested in this entire event. Really grateful to this friendly and likeable bunch of co-workers who made all the difference... They aren't only easy to get along with, they're tremendously nice and tolerant and helpful =) Including our dear venue manager Ade... You guys rock! Thanks for everything, people~
The artistes are a very nice bunch of people, too. Here's Mehdi, artiste for our Giant Dump Scuplture, along with his (cute!) son, all the way from Canada. And there's Shumei, too, interning with Act 3. Amazing girl, really. Goodness what would've happened to me if she weren't around. Whew. Big thanks to her, too!
A final, big family photo after the eventful five days. Cheers to everyone!
Friday, June 10, 2005
LONG overdue photos: KidsFest 05
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment